Welcome

Family of British man files lawsuit over workplace asbestos exposure

February 10th, 2012

The family of a British man who died last year of mesothelioma has filed an asbestos lawsuit against his former employer. The family alleges that James MacKenzie’s mesothelioma diagnosis was a result of asbestos exposure that occurred during his work for a construction company.

MacKenzie worked for a building firm between 1969 and 1972. His family alleges that during this time, he regularly handled asbestos materials used for roofing and insulation without being provided any safety gear. In October 2010, MacKenzie fell ill and was diagnosed with mesothelioma of the lungs. He died two months later at age 59.

Asbestos is a building material that was used prevalently in the 1950s through 1970s for insulation and other construction and industrial applications. Exposure to asbestos has been directly linked to an increased risk of mesothelioma, a deadly cancer that affects the lining of the heart, lungs and abdomen. Mesothelioma affects thousands of workers every year who were exposed to asbestos on the job.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation.

    MesotheliomaAsbestosisLung cancerSilicosis

    [anr_nocaptcha g-recaptcha-response]

    *Required fields