Welcome

Grandmother dies of mesothelioma after washing husband’s clothes for 20 years

February 8th, 2013

A grandmother in Britain has died 10 weeks after being diagnosed with mesothelioma cancer. Valerie Ward contracted the disease after being exposed to asbestos fibers while washing her husband and son’s work clothes every day for 20 years.

Ward’s husband Eric worked at a power station, where he routinely was exposed to asbestos and lost several colleagues to asbestos-related diseases. The fibers would stick to his uniform before being washed. He currently suffers from asbestos plaques in the lungs.

Asbestos is a restricted building material used in construction and insulation predominantly from the 1940s through the 1970s. Asbestos exposure has been directly linked to mesothelioma cancer, which attacks the lungs or abdominal cavity and can take decades to develop.

Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation.

    MesotheliomaAsbestosisLung cancerSilicosis

    [anr_nocaptcha g-recaptcha-response]

    *Required fields